Thursday, April 17, 2014

Another Catch Up Post On 'The Grands'...

Try as I might, I can't seem to keep up with anything, these days, and that includes this blog!  It's been a while since I posted here, so it's long over due for a 'catch up' post concerning all of our 'grands'.

Madison after the recital

Madison - Our oldest grandchild, and only granddaughter, is about to finish up her first year of home schooling.  I had the pleasure of sitting in for Madison's mama, last week, so I got a first hand look at some of what Madison is learning.  Let me tell you, Abeka Academy has got it goin' on!  They're reading, they're writing in cursive, they're counting backwards by 3's, and they're memorizing entire Bible passages!  I was impressed.

Madison has also been taking violin lessons, and performed her first solo in a recital, last week.  She played 'Ode to Joy', and performed very well.  Our little girl is growing up!  

Chase and Caden

Caden - Our oldest grandson, who is five, is about to finish up pre-K at Busy Little Beavers School. I know he can count to 100, he writes very well, and he can read.  I can't wait to see what else he's learned at his end of the year program, next month!  Caden reminds me so much of his father, at this age.

Caden has played T-ball for the past two years, but when he found out he'd be moving up to the pitching machine--and have to wear a helmet and face mask, this year, he declined playing ball. I don't blame him!  I wouldn't want a machine hurling balls my way either, and let's face it--wearing a helmet and face mask just doesn't seem like fun!

Chase - Chase, who is Caden's younger brother, is almost two and a half.  For a long time, Chase was quiet, and didn't say much around us, but, lately, he's come alive!  I love to hear him talk; he's very 'matter of fact' and to the point!  He's now talking in sentences, too. Of all of the grands, Chase is the most entertaining, so far :) 

Chase has been potty trained since he was two, which I find impressive, 'cause none of my boys were!  Even more impressive is the fact that he can work his mother's smart phone!  He loves playing games on it.


Evan - Our youngest grandson will turn 6 months old in just a few days.  That baby is growing like a weed!  He's wearing a size 6 months, and will soon be learning how to sit up by himself. His favorite past-time seems to be standing up on someone's lap!

March was a rough month for Evan.  He's been sick a lot, even spending one night in the hospital.  Evan seems to catch everything that goes around his daycare--then brings it home and shares it with his parents!  Evan's bouts of sickness haven't put a damper on his spirit, though.  He's a happy baby, most of the time.

Well there you have it, an update on Mimi's 'not-so-little' ones.  I can't wait to see what happens with them next, and I'll try harder to keep it posted here!


No comments: