Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday's Blog Hop-About 9/11

Caden and Madison celebrating their country's freedom on July 4th....May America always remain free...

I remember 9/11 vividly. I never dreamed any such attack would take place on American soil. It is beyond my comprehension that people can hate so much that they spend their lives training to terrorize and kill innocent people. I can't comprehend how they believe they are going to be rewarded in the "after life" for doing such things...

I feel sad for all of innocent people who died on 9/11. I feel burdened for their families whose lives were forever changed by the sensless terrorist acts. I feel sad for the people who breathed the smoke and ash during those hours and days after the attacks, and are now sick because of it. I feel sad that we no longer have the beautiful landmark of the Twin Towers.

However, I feel proud that I am an American! I have always been proud to live in the "land of the free and the home of the brave!" I am grateful to the people who give their time and sometimes much more to serve this country. I am so fortunate to be married to a veteran! Thank you to all of the service men and women out there who are serving, or have served in the past. Thank you to the fire fighters, rescue workers, and even hospital workers who come to our aid in time of crisis. You are examples of what Americans should be! I salute you!


MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing this! I agree that the members of our military and our emergency responders are remarkable and heroic. Thank God we have people who are willing and able to take on those tough jobs!

Kelly said...

Thank you for sharing and remembering.

Here's mine
http://allthingsmadebykelly.blogspot.com/2009/09/blog-hop-tuesday-remembering-911.html