Monday, January 25, 2010

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes...



I just love listening to Madison talk or sing. I never know what is going to come out of that little mouth.


One of her favorite songs to sing lately has been "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". Maybe because she went caroling with some of the ladies of our church, and we sang it at every house that we visited! Madison sings it like this "We wish you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New You!" She refuses to sing it any other way.


Madison has a habit of echoing whatever anyone says. For instance, if I say "I have a new dress," Madison will follow that up with "I have a new dress, too!"


One of the cutest things that she says is "Ober dere" for "over there". My husband likes that one.


The other night Madison was trying to talk her daddy into giving her something to drink. It was late and he said something like "Honey, I can't give you anything to drink, or you'll wet the bed." She left the kitchen in a huff, and went on to tell her mama something like this "Mama, daddy called me a name! He called me Honey!" At least we know that she's learned that it's not nice to call people names! Now we have to teach her the difference between good names and bad names...

1 comment:

LC said...

"and a Happy New You!" Isn't that what so many hope for with New Year's Resolutions.