Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It Was Two Long Weeks...


Would you believe it had been over two weeks since I'd laid my eyes on this little cutie? Sickness has been rampant among our family, and we just haven't been able to all get together. Then last night, Cade and his parents braved "the elements" and came by for a short visit. Cade is feeling better, despite the lingering cough. (I'll take a moment here to mention that Madison has been--and still is--sick, too.)
Cade seemed to be happiest to see "Bobs" the cat, but I'm not sure how "Bobs" felt about being the center of all of Cade's attention! "Bobs" kept running off, but then she'd come right back...so maybe she didn't mind his lovin' too much!
My goodness, the boy looked like he's grown another inch! And just look at that "big boy" haircut! He is not a huge fan of getting a haircut--and absolutely hates those clippers. His Aunt "Loulee" took him to get this haircut--and he behaved pretty good, until the clippers came out...
Cade was talking more than I've ever heard him. What a difference a few days makes! He still talks so quietly, it's more like a whisper--which means that his "E-pa" and I miss hearing a lot of what he says...Of course, when he wants a piece of candy corn (his favorite), he manages to make himself heard!
Once again, I am reminded of how fortunate I am to live nearby both of my grandchildren, so I can see them often. I hope all of this sickness will soon go away, so we can all get reacquainted!

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I am so sorry that you have all been sick. I hope that you can all get better and stay well for the duration of the winter. Our little Lulu is home with a cough because the school won't let them stay inside for recess/lunch due to colds. Crazy! Hugs- Diana

Mary said...

So glad you got to see Cade! I know you missed him!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I can't believe how different he looks since you last posted his pictures. He looks all grown up. Time sure does fly !!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Two weeks without seeing your grandson ... that's cruel and unusual punishment for a Grandma. ha!

I, too, am thankful that I live so close to my grandkids so I can see them often.