Thursday, September 15, 2011

She's Going To School and Lovin' It...


I'm happy to report that Madison is really enjoying going to school.  In fact, she seems almost bored when she's at home now.  I'm so glad that she looks forward to school each day.  Her mother sure didn't!

Madison's teacher happens to be the daughter of my second cousin, which makes the two of them distant cousins.  How about that!  Her name is "Miss Bridget".  The teacher is also the age of our youngest son, Brad.  Man, I'm feeling old!

The other day, I commented to Brandy how Madison is beginning to lose her "babyish" looks, and is beginning to look more like a young girl.  Oh this makes me sad...I'm not ready for her to grow up, but grow up she must!

On a totally different note, there is something very interesting about the above photograph.  Growing in the flowerbed, directly behind Madison, is a watermelon vine, with a large watermelon growing on it!  The vine sprang up from the seeds of a watermelon eaten earlier in the summer.  September watermelon...now there's a strange concept.

1 comment:

LC said...

Oh the big girl look! What's a grandma to do? I guess just savor every stage and keep the infant and toddler photos handy for remembering when!