Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Maddie's Christmas Field Trip...

I want to take a moment here, and backtrack.  Somehow, in all of the Christmas shuffle, I neglected to post about the field trip that I recently attended with my granddaughter, Madison, and her mom.

Busy Little Beavers preschool took a field trip to Savannah--the week before Christmas!  No wonder I neglected writing about it, huh?  I didn't know which end was up the week before Christmas, did you?

Anyway, the students of the preschool and their chaperons traveled the fifty-five miles to Savannah, and met a local library there.  It was a very large, new library...completely solar powered, too!  Did I mention there was a tree in the middle of it?...It was a "fake" tree, but still it was an interesting sight to see!





We were quietly ushered into a room reserved for "story time".  After a few minutes, the library story teller began reading the children a few books, which they seemed to enjoy.

Following story time, the students and chaperons traveled next-door to the Savannah Mall for a fun ride on the Christmas train.



  Our last stop was to the Bass Pro Shop for a class photo with Santa Claus.  While we were at there, I asked Madison and my daughter to join me for a picture with Santa.  They did.  Here we are, 3 generations posing with Santa!



Following the photo session with Santa, we were on our own for the rest of the day.  After grabbing some lunch at the Food Court, we did a little browsing at the mall, and let Madison play on the indoor playground for a bit before eventually heading for home.  Fun times, fun memories...I'm glad my daughter let me tag along!  Below is a video clip of the trip...


3 comments:

Tami said...

Field trips are SO MUCH FUN!!! I really miss doing that with my children. Now they are all teens and don't want their mother tagging along. It went by way too fast!! I'm glad you were able to have the precious memory with Maddie.

Kittie Howard said...

Field trips are the best. Madison is a pretty young lady. Love her name.

Anonymous said...

I remember taking field trips when I was a child. Looks like Madison enjoyed herself. :-)