Thursday, June 21, 2012

Little Things Mean So Much...

My husband and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary on June 18. As usual, we went on a little "anniversary get-away" to celebrate.

 I wanted us to just concentrate on being with each other, without any outside distractions, so I left my laptop at home--something I rarely do!

 Ed and I had a fabulous time enjoying each other's company, while sitting in the sand, and soaking up the wonderful, relaxing atmosphere of the beach. I like to think of the beach as "my little piece of Heaven on earth".

 We got back on Tuesday evening, but I didn't check my computer. When I finally got around to checking Facebook and my email, here is what I found: 


    

 These two delightful boys are our youngest grandchildren, Caden and Chase. They belong to our oldest son, and this photo greeting is special to me for several reasons!

*The oldest boy, Caden, hates having his picture taken!  He runs at the sight of a camera, yet here he is smiling and posing!

*Getting two small children to pose and smile at the same time is a real feat!

*It really means a lot that our daughter-in-law, Christina, took the time to make that sign for Ed and me, then surprise us with the greeting via email and Facebook!  Time is a precious commodity for a mother of two small boys.

Thanks so much for the well-wishes, guys!  We'll treasure the photograph always.

4 comments:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I have been out of the blog loop with lots of wonderful family events, but saw your cuties on this photo in my google newsfeed, so had to stop and say hi!

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great anniversary trip. And what a perfect photo to find waiting for you :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

Tami said...

That is SO sweet! Happy Anniversary! You share the date with my best friend and her hubby.

Anonymous said...

I think this is adorable! I hope you guys enjoyed your anniversary get-a-way. Did you eat at KFC? LOL

LC said...

Yes, Caden looks happy to smile for his E-Pa and Mimi. Too cute. Sweet daughter-in-laws are a blessing, aren't they!