Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Maddie Gets a Mani/Pedi...

The other day my daughter, Brandy, offered to do a pedicure for me. I haven't had one in ages--I just don't take the time for it, but since we were planning to go to the beach, I agreed. We got out the foot bath and Brandy began to work her magic on my poor, dry, tired feet. I didn't need a manicure, I'm a habitual nail biter...I know, it's a nasty, disgusting habit-- and I have quit before, but I'm a backslider...

Maddie's little eyes were taking everything in...Pretty soon she was over at the chair begging for her toenails and fingernails to be polished. I was surprised because in the past when Brandy's offered to polish Maddie's nails, she runs the other way!

Anyway, after I had my turn, Maddie sat there still as a statue and had all of her nails polished. She was so proud! A funny thing happened to her fingernails though... Maddie sucks the first two fingers of one hand. Within two days she had every bit of the polish sucked off of those two fingers. Oh well, maybe the three of us will take another day and do the mani/pedi thing again...soon-- because I kind of enjoyed it!

No comments: