Monday, January 17, 2011

Payback...

Times are changing...It seems that my two little grandchildren would now rather spend time with each other, than with MiMi! Isn't that the way it usually goes?

I live just across the yard from granddaughter, Madison, so if Cade is here at my house, he can see Madison's house. Usually, one of his first questions is "Where's Maddie?"

Today, when I found out that Cade was over at Madison's house, I walked over to see him for a moment. Well--that little man didn't have time to acknowledge his MiMi--he was too busy playing!

Then I heard a funny thing--something I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more of. When Cade's daddy told him it was time to go home and take a nap, Cade quickly replied, "No, want to stay and play "tent"! (he and Maddie were playing in a little tent) Then Cade quickly followed up with, "I don't want to take nap"! Oh yeah--Cade argued with his dad :) Cade's daddy was a "champion" at arguing with us, while growing up... Let the payback begin...

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Don't you love it when their words come back to haunt them? What you need is a THIRD grandchild...because there are always two that play together and the third (who can be anyone on any given day) becomes "Nana's" or in your case, Mimi's! Have a great evening.

If you get a chance pop over and see my little "brides"...and I finally figured out music! Hugs- Diana

LC said...

Boy, sometimes it is hard to hold back the rolling-on-the-floor laughter when the payback is in progress! Loved this post.