Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Madison, Month Number One

Madison's first month of life was pretty much typical of a lot of newborn babies. She started out breastfeeding, but when things didn't work out, formula was added to her diet.

Brandy, Madison's mama, tried several types of formula before she found one that agreed with Madison. Then came the problem of reflux. Madison cried after feedings and spit up at lot! She also had some colic. I experienced those same problems with Brandy when she was born, so I could sympathize with what she was going through.

Madison went through an assortment of different types of baby bottles in an effort to find the one that worked best for her reflux and colic. I was amazed at how many different kinds of baby bottles are available! Despite the reflux and colic, Madison thrived. The picture in this post was taken shortly after Madison came home and she weighs nearly 7 and 3/4 pounds already!


The first month went by in a blur of sleepless nights, evening crying spells, bottle feedings, sponge baths, and lots of dirty clothes. Oh, and piles of dirty diapers, too! I was working at the time so I was limited in how much I could help, but I did manage to spend a couple of nights on the couch to help with the two o'clock feedings. I loved every minute of it!

No comments: