Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Sleeping Baby....

Caden when he was about 4 month old, asleep on his mother's chest at the park. He reminds me of my youngest son because he is sucking his finger...
Caden sleeping in MiMi's arms after a rocking/singing session...

There is nothing more precious to me than the sight of a sleeping baby. The only thing better than looking at a sleeping baby is holding a sleeping baby. When I was the mother of a colicky baby, I really cherished the sight of a sleeping baby!

I didn't rock and sing my own babies to sleep very often. I didn't want them to get spoiled. They all sucked their thumbs or fingers and would go to sleep on their own--which was very nice at the end of a tiring day. However, I got lots of practice in singing and rocking when I kept twin baby girls who were used to being rocked! I found that I enjoyed rocking and singing, as well as watching them while they were asleep. I was notorious for taking their picture while they slept!

I must have a really boring voice because it usually doesn't fail to put a little one to sleep. I enjoyed rocking and singing to my grandaughter, Madison, until she grew too big (sigh). Now I am enjoying singing to Caden, but the time is passing so quickly! I've found that when I do get the chance to sing Caden to sleep, I just enjoy sitting and watching him sleep. I want to enjoy every minute that I can...these times will be gone all too soon!
Cleaning and dusting can wait 'til tomorrow
For babies grow up I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby, and babies won't keep!

No comments: