Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Madison and "E"...

Before I begin, let me explain where the name "E" comes from. I used to be the nanny of twin baby girls. My husband's name is Ed, but they couldn't say Ed, so they would just say "E". The name sort of stuck... then when our daughter became pregnant, we were joking around one evening and her husband, Clint, suggested the name "E-Pa"...it stuck! So while I am known to the grandchildren as "MiMi", my husband is "E-Pa" or just plain "E" for short!

Ed is one of the most loving and patient people that I know. He is exactly like his daddy was. He's never too busy...So whether it's reading a book in the middle of the Goodwill Store, or playing the harmonica, he always makes time. He's musically talented and plays the piano--as well as the harmonica! He's also known for whistling--another talent that he's beenn trying to teach Madison.

Ed even takes time to play dolls with Madison. Some of Madison's favorite times with "E" are chewing gum outside with him, helping him feed the rabbits, and riding with him in the truck to take the trash off. Their favorite indoor activities are sitting in the recliner and eating whatever "goodies" that "E" has stashed in the arm of his chair, or playing "catch" with a soft stuffed ball. They sure do have some good times with that ball in the house...sometimes they have so much fun, "MiMi" has to call a "time out"! Just call me, the party pooper....





No comments: