Sunday, September 13, 2009

Not Me, Monday...at the Beach!



Greetings, this Monday is not finding me ending a long weekend at the beach in Florida. It does not find me, a bit sad that the weekend is over, but also glad to be going back to my home sweet home!!!

No, the weather was not cloudy and a bit rainy of and on for the weekend...No I didn't spend more time shopping than I did on the beach. No, I don't LOVE to shop, though...No, my hubby did not wait so patiently while I got my "shopping fix"...

No, I didn't hear on Fox News, yesterday, that MRSA bacteria has been discovered on some of our beaches...that's the stuff that is resistant to antibiotics and will kill you quickly...my hubby works in a hospital and is well educated about it...even knows a lady who died from it...just what you want to hear when you are AT the beach! No, I wouldn't want to die from bacteria that I picked up from beach sand or water....on my birthday celebration get away...

No, we did not take an early morning walk on the beach this morning looking for shells and shark teeth...no, I did not find my first conk shells....well worn, but none the less, conk shells!

No, we did not get to the beach on our get away, only to be missing our loved ones at home...The last time we were here, our grandbabies and mamas were with us...I kept thinking about our last trip and how much fun we had...


No, I did not call my daughter twice, email her 3 times, and talk on facebook for 45 minutes...No, she and her family did not come to the beach on our final day here, because I sort of begged...no, I wouldn't do that...


No, I am not so glad they came--even though their stay was very short...I did not miss all of them very much...My heart did not get happy when Madison told me on the phone that she was coming to the beach to see me and that she loved me! I did not feel sad for Madison's daddy who had to get up at 4:30 to drive to work 2 hours away...

That's it for my Not Me, Monday...what have you not been doing? Check out mckmama's blog carnival at http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ for more Not Me, Monday posts...


No comments: