Thursday, July 22, 2010

The "Hootie Head"...

This child has the most incredible head of hair that I've ever seen. It's full of curls, and totally has a mind of its own! Add to that, the fact that Madison absolutely HATES to have her hair brushed or combed. The result of all of these things together? The Hootie Head!



I recently read a blog post that used the term "hootie in the woodie" to describe "the bed head" or hair that hasn't been combed since getting out of the bed. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. I immediately thought of Madison, and told myself that "hootie in the woodie" described "Madison's look" on most days.



Her hair is usually uncombed because her mother says "it's just not worth the drama to comb it"! This bothers me greatly, because I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I like hair neatly combed and fixed...On the occasions that Madison's hair does get "fixed", we think we have the wrong child! When her hair is fixed, you can bet that it won't stay that way for very long!



On the flip side, people spend lots of money tring to achieve curls that Madison has naturally. I know my mother thought everyone should have curls, while my own hair was a straight as a board. As a result, I endured years of those horrible home permanents when I was a child!



Enjoy those cascading curls, Maddie girl. There's not a thing in the world wrong with having the "hootie head", but a little brushing once in a while might be nice.

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Oh I LOVE it!!! When I was a kid people used to say..."Look at the hair on that kid"...now that I am old people say "Look at the hair on that old lady". My hair is SOOO hard to tame too...so I am sure that this will follow Madison her whole life-God bless her. When the grandkids wake up and their hair is all over their head they call it NANAHEAD at their house. Nice!!! Speaking of which-guess I better go comb my hair. Thanks for the smile this morning..and thanks for the Award yesterday.

Caty said...

Wow! I thought she surely had to be wearing a wig! What a great head of beautiful hair :)

Mary said...

Those curls are beautiful, and one day she'll enjoy them!

Rose said...

thanks for dropping in at my blog. where is Glenville Ga? if i had a head of curley hair i'd go nut as i hate to fix hair. very cute little girl. plan to follow

Christina's Creative Side said...

Maybe she will grow into her curls and like them! I wish mine held curl better.

I finally posted about my award from you... wanted to let you know! Thanks again for it!

Christina's Creative Side said...

It's me again! I'm passing an award back to you: http://christinascreativeside.blogspot.com/2010/07/two-awards-wow.html. :)