I've been awarded a very nice award by a new blogging friend of mine called Caty. Her blog is called "From Ashes To Beauty"(I love her title) and it's located at http://www.fools-heart.blogspot.com/ Thanks so much Caty! I hope my readers will hop over and pay Caty a visit, I was impressed enough on my first visit to want to become a follower!
With this award comes a few rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award to up to at least 4 fellow bloggers who inspire you.
4. Let them know about the award. :-)
Here are my seven things:
1. I am a teacher at heart, but didn't not realize this until my children were all in school, and I became a paraprofessional. I loved my job, and rarely minded going to work. Every day was an adventure! I thoroughly enjoyed the 15 years that I spent assisting the same teacher.
2. Once I left my job as a paraprofessional, I became nanny to twin baby girls for two years. I learned a lot of things that I did not know, despite having already raised 3 children of my own. I learned that "with twins, you need an extra set of arms!"
3. The night that I held my first grandchild in my arms was one of the proudest moments of my entire life. I held her the entire night, while her parents slept!
4. I love blogging more than any other hobby that I have tried. I spend at least two hours blogging every day, except for Sundays. I have written a total of over 700 posts on my two blogs. Amazing, especially considering that ten years ago, I was afraid to even turn a computer on!
5. I am married to a very special man. He's one in a million, always sweet, kind, and considerate. He's also an excellent father and grandfather. He's never too busy...for anything.
6. I have some health issues, among them is fibromyalgia and a rheumatoid arthritis-like condition. I've taken medications for this for over 16 years, with good results. I usually do whatever I want--within reason.
7. I am an avid animal lover--especially cats. In the past, I have rescued 5 shelter dogs, and over 20 cats and kittens. I also rescued a rabbit, and a parakeet. Three of the five dogs have since passed away, and I am "down to" around 15 cats. Our pet food bill continues to be rather large!
Here is my list of bloggers that I am passing this award to:
Number one on my list is Christina @ http://www.christinascreativeside.blogspot.com Christina is my daughter-in-law and she is also very creative and talented with her decorative projects. Check out her blog and see for yourself!
Number two is Nana Diana @ http://www.thenanadianablogspot.com Diana is a grandmother who blogs about her grandchildren, and various other things. Diana loves Starbucks, and has a great sense of humor, too!
Number three is Linda @ http://www.retirementdaze.com Linda writes about her adventures with her husband since their recent retirement. Those two seem to stay pretty busy! I enjoy their fantastic photographs from their travels.
Number four is Rose @ http://somewondersoflife.blogspot.com Rose is one of my newest blogging friends. She is mom to five "dogie babies"(gotta' love my fellow animal lover) and she writes about various things in her life--sort of like I do on my other blog. I enjoy Rose's blog very much.
Congratulations, guys! You deserve this award very much!