Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm Honored To Accept...





I've been awarded a very nice award by a new blogging friend of mine called Caty. Her blog is called "From Ashes To Beauty"(I love her title) and it's located at http://www.fools-heart.blogspot.com/ Thanks so much Caty! I hope my readers will hop over and pay Caty a visit, I was impressed enough on my first visit to want to become a follower!


With this award comes a few rules:


1. Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Pass the award to up to at least 4 fellow bloggers who inspire you.

4. Let them know about the award. :-)


Here are my seven things:


1. I am a teacher at heart, but didn't not realize this until my children were all in school, and I became a paraprofessional. I loved my job, and rarely minded going to work. Every day was an adventure! I thoroughly enjoyed the 15 years that I spent assisting the same teacher.


2. Once I left my job as a paraprofessional, I became nanny to twin baby girls for two years. I learned a lot of things that I did not know, despite having already raised 3 children of my own. I learned that "with twins, you need an extra set of arms!"


3. The night that I held my first grandchild in my arms was one of the proudest moments of my entire life. I held her the entire night, while her parents slept!


4. I love blogging more than any other hobby that I have tried. I spend at least two hours blogging every day, except for Sundays. I have written a total of over 700 posts on my two blogs. Amazing, especially considering that ten years ago, I was afraid to even turn a computer on!


5. I am married to a very special man. He's one in a million, always sweet, kind, and considerate. He's also an excellent father and grandfather. He's never too busy...for anything.


6. I have some health issues, among them is fibromyalgia and a rheumatoid arthritis-like condition. I've taken medications for this for over 16 years, with good results. I usually do whatever I want--within reason.


7. I am an avid animal lover--especially cats. In the past, I have rescued 5 shelter dogs, and over 20 cats and kittens. I also rescued a rabbit, and a parakeet. Three of the five dogs have since passed away, and I am "down to" around 15 cats. Our pet food bill continues to be rather large!

Here is my list of bloggers that I am passing this award to:

Number one on my list is Christina @ http://www.christinascreativeside.blogspot.com Christina is my daughter-in-law and she is also very creative and talented with her decorative projects. Check out her blog and see for yourself!

Number two is Nana Diana @ http://www.thenanadianablogspot.com Diana is a grandmother who blogs about her grandchildren, and various other things. Diana loves Starbucks, and has a great sense of humor, too!

Number three is Linda @ http://www.retirementdaze.com Linda writes about her adventures with her husband since their recent retirement. Those two seem to stay pretty busy! I enjoy their fantastic photographs from their travels.

Number four is Rose @ http://somewondersoflife.blogspot.com Rose is one of my newest blogging friends. She is mom to five "dogie babies"(gotta' love my fellow animal lover) and she writes about various things in her life--sort of like I do on my other blog. I enjoy Rose's blog very much.

Congratulations, guys! You deserve this award very much!

5 comments:

Caty said...

thanks for sharing Maddie! It's nice getting to know you :) I'm glad to hear your fibromyalgia is controllable with meds; I hear it's quite painful! I share your love for blogging :)

NanaDiana said...

Hi Mimi! I didn't even know you HAD another blog! I am still pretty new to this thing myself...and I do love doing it too. Thank you for the award. I have been playing with all my sidebars and trying to figure things out and keep losing stuff. I now have about 8 more blogs that I am following and for some reason they don't show up. I'm not sure how to even pick up this award from you. Copy and paste it, I assume and then reply to it in my own blog? Okay-when I am done here that is what I will try to do. I love the blog about your grandkids and now I will have to read your other one- Thanks-Diana

COUNTRY MOM said...

Congratulations on your well deserved award.

Christina's Creative Side said...

Aww thank you for the award! I'm reading from my phone so tomorrow I'll be following these "rules" and playing along. :)

Rose said...

Hi! thanks for dropping in at my blog. it sounds that we both are animal lovers. your sharing about taking of your grandchild when born got to me I have one grandchild and the tears of joy were a gift. thank you for the award, but I have chosen to be an award free blog so i have to remember in my mind this award and not on my blog. plan to follow