Friday, August 27, 2010

I Think He's Musically Inclined...

I have an old Fisher Price "Marching Band Set" at my house. It belonged to my children when they were small--well over 25 years ago! (I just love Fisher Price toys for their durability!)



Included in the band set is a harmonica, two maracas, two cymbals, a tambourine, a drum/drumsticks, and just for good measure we threw in a kazoo! The grand kids love it! They have already played with the set way more than my children ever did.



Cade loves to get those instruments out and "make some music". When he plays those cymbals, I just have to laugh. He reminds me of one of those little battery-powered monkeys that grins and plays the cymbals. (I think one of those little monkeys was in the movie Toy Story 3)And no, Cade, you do not look like a monkey--it's those cymbals...



Cade recently learned how to get the harmonica to make sounds, and he is so thrilled with himself! Out of all of those instrument choices, what do you think his favorite "music maker" might be??? The good old kazoo, of course! He's pretty good at making noise with it, too! Do you think maybe he'll drop by and serenade me when I am old and gray???

4 comments:

Mary said...

No more peace & quiet for you! He is so cute!

Debbie said...

Ah, the good old kazoo! Those do bring back memories.

Toni said...

My 15 year old sings to me still...usually it's against my will but...lol! Thanks for checking out my blog.

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

Aww how precious!

I found your blog on Think of me Thursday (sorry it's so late)! Have a great Sunday!