Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Madison's Valentine's Day At MiMi's...

Valentine's Day 2011 was an unusual one--to put it mildly! Madison and I spent most of the day together, while her parents attended the funeral of her daddy's great aunt. Not your typical Valentine's Day at all.

I cooked chicken fingers and french fries for Maddie, because that's what she wanted. She ate hers, as well as part of mine! After lunch, I busied myself in the kitchen baking "E" a German Chocolate cake for Valentine's Day, while Madison played with the Barbies and "read" some books. Did I mention that she spent the majority of the day wearing "MiMi's socks"?

Madison shared with me that she had given her daddy some "Scooby Doo panties", and a "Mickey Mouse" shirt for Valentine's Day. Now that's an outfit I'd like to see...She told me that she received a giant Hershey's kiss, and a Princess book. I'm sure she will know just what to do with that kiss!

My husband had surprised me on Valentine's Day morning with a little stuffed white dog, holding a large Mylar balloon. He left it sitting on the kitchen table, along with a card containing some cash. Madison was impressed with my gift. She spent most of the day trying to convince me that she should have my dog...

Madison had already given me and "E" a couple of gifts on Sunday at our family get-together, but sometime after eight o'clock on Valentine's night, the front door opened and in came Madison--bearing another gift. Actually, Madison tripped on the way in the door, so she did a bit of a "swan dive" entrance...


After she regained her composure, she presented "E" and me a little plaque with her hand print on it. The paint was barely dry! Thanks to my thoughtful daughter for taking the time to make this special gift with Madison--especially after a day spent at the funeral of a relative! We will treasure it always...and thank you, Madison, for each and every one of our gifts!

3 comments:

LC said...

Those are the gifts that tug at the heart strings, aren't they. You have a lovely daughter who is opening up the joy of giving for Maddie. And I know just where your daughter's gift of giving came from!

Anonymous said...

I agree with LC's comment. It's history repeating itself, and I think that's a beautiful thing.

Skoots1moM said...

thanks for sharing snippets of your life, too...we have fun with this blogging world, don't we?!!!