Wednesday, June 8, 2011

MiMi Update...

Thank you so much to those of you who commented on my last post. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers as I fight my way through this health "set back".

I don't write much about myself on this particular blog, but I am battling rheumatoid arthritis, and a gastric ulcer at the moment. I've had rheumatoid arthritis for over seventeen years, but have been able to keep it pretty much under control with two different types of medication.

Unfortunately, all medications have side effects, and the Nsaids required to treat arthritis are some of the most notorious--hence, the ulcer. Because of the ulcer, I've had to stop taking Nsaids for now, which has let my arthritis become more active.

It's going to take some time for my stomach to heal. In the meantime, I'll just have to deal with the fatigue, pain, and stiffness that goes along with rheumatoid arthritis. Lord willing, it will pass. I actually had a pain-free day yesterday, praise the Lord! In the meantime, I have been able to spend short amounts of time with the "grands".

Speaking of those "grands"...they are growing like weeds! Caden is potty trained now, and talking up a storm! Madison has sort of taken on the role of "mother" and tries to boss him, but he is beginning to rebel. The two of them remind me of their parents as children. Brandy was always trying to be her brother's keeper.

In fact, just the other day, Caden's daddy told him that Brandy used to tell on him and cause him to get spankings! (she did) Those were the days, my friend...

3 comments:

LynnMarie said...

I'm sorry that you are in pain RA is no fun at all. I pray that the Lord gives you more pain free days.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I feel your pain. I don't have RA but I have IA and I take the same anti-inflammatories that tear up my stomach. I dread the day I might have to stop taking them because it is awful!!! I was off them for about 2 or 3 years and now am back on them. Saying a prayer for you! xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how history always seems to repeat itself? :-)