Monday, March 1, 2010

Tuesday Blog... Favorite Recipes

This is the second of two new pound cake recipes that I tried. I love lemon pound cake--and this one was easy, and tasted yummy! I got the recipe from a church cookbook, and didn't notice whose recipe it was. It turned out to be my daughter's mother-in-law's recipe! Small world, huh?

Lemon Pound Cake

1-cup butter or margarine, melted

1/4 cup vegetable oil

3-cups sugar

5-eggs

3-cups all-purpose flour

1-cup milk

1-tsp. lemon extract

Beat butter in a large bowl at med. speed with electric mixer. Gradually add oil, beating well. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour to creamed mixture, alternately with milk--beginning and ending with flour. Mix until just blended after each addition. Stir in flavoring. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 300 degrees for one hour and 30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes. Brush glaze on sides of cake and spoon glaze over the top. Let cool completely.

Glaze
I mixed powdered sugar, with a little lemon juice and water until it was a thin consistency to spread on the cake--no recipe, I just tasted it and looked at it. If I had to guess I'd say 1/8 cup of lemon juice to 1/4 cup of water...then add sugar until it gets the consistency you like--at least a cup or more of powdered sugar.





MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

Clare & Tim said...

Lemon cake is my dad's ultimate favorite. I will have to try this recipe out!

Baba said...

Hi Kathy, your lemon pound cake looks so good.I make a sour cream pound cake, but I will try this recipe of yours..have a good night. hugs, Baba