Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's Official...We're Old!



I mentioned last week that granddaughter, Madison, has learned how to use the telephone. Recently, after Madison received a card from her great-grandmother, my daughter helped Madison place a call to her to say thank you for the gift.

Madison's "E-ma" is older, and her hearing isn't as good as it used to be. Apparently, "E-ma" had some trouble hearing Madison over the phone.

Later, Madison was asking her mom why "E-ma" couldn't hear on the telephone. My daughter began to explain that "E-ma" was getting old, and sometimes when a person gets older, they don't hear so good.

After hearing her mom's explanation, Madison looked at her mom, then asked "Are "E" and MiMi old, 'cause he always says "Huh?" and MiMi says "What?"

I guess that makes it official...we're old!

4 comments:

Baba said...

Kids always say amazing things..it amazes me how quickly they learn and remember it too..hope you are enjoying this warm weather..Baba

NanaDiana said...

LOL- SweetCheeks has that catagory too..She calls Papa- A Old ...lol Guess that is better than being A Dead! Diana

Anonymous said...

That's funny. Reminds me of something my mother used to say, "If you want to know the truth about something...ask a kid." LOL

LC said...

Uh oh! I'm there, too!