Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Caden Makes Me Feel Special


For the past few weeks I've had the pleasure of keeping Caden for a couple of hours twice a week. I feel honored to get to do this, because his mother keeps him very close and doesn't like to leave him. I understand this totally because I was that kind of mother myself.

Caden is totally in love with his mother. You can see it in his eyes and the way his little hands rub her face and chest. When she's not in his sight and he hears her voice, he looks for her. She is his love and comfort.

Caden and I have a good time whenever he comes to visit. I think he's already figured out that I am someone special who will go the extra mile to make sure he's happy. He always gets a big smile on his face when he comes in the door and I speak to him.

Sometimes he will have just gone to sleep when he gets here and his mama will tell me that I might be able to get him to go back to sleep. Caden thinks "No way! I'm at MiMi's house and it's time to play!" He never goes back to sleep...

Something happened today that made me feel special. While I was keeping Cade, my daughter came over for a few minutes. Cade was in the swing, but was getting tired of it. My daughter asked to hold him for a few minutes. When I handed him to her, he looked at me with a look that said "I want you to hold me instead ." I felt so special at that moment...Of course he was fine with Brandy, but it was just that look on his face...Maybe he thinks I'm as special as I think he is!

No comments: