Monday, June 1, 2009

Caden's Song



I like to sing to Caden whenever I get the chance. He's getting to be such a busy boy that I am afraid my days of singing my be getting few. I have noticed that he likes some songs better than others and I can tell which ones he listens to the best. One day he may like "Shortin' Bread", and the next time it may be "You Are My Sunshine". I guess it depends on his mood. I love to rock and sing him to sleep whenever I can--those are such precious moments.


I have written a song for Caden and sing it to the same tune as Madison's song. The tune is from a little ditty called Married Man, Married Man. (Drives around in a mini-van...) they play it on the radio sometimes.


Anyway, Caden's song goes like this:


Little Man


Little man, little man


Love to hold you when I can


Little man, little man


Daddy's best friend is known as Dan


Little man, little man


When it gets hot, we use the fan


Little man, little man


Let's cook some grub in the fryin' pan


Little man, little man


Daddy saw a donkey then he ran


Little man, little man


Your mama likes to have a tan


Little man, little man


Mimi once had a mini-van


Little man, little man


Mimi loves her little man...




I hope that Caden will remember and enjoy this song as he grows older. His parents will probably get a kick out of it, too-- there is a lot of truth in this song. Maybe Cade will ask about the donkey one day...

No comments: