Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Madison and Potty Training


When my daughter, Brandy, was small and I was trying to potty train her, it was the most frustrating thing time of my life. I tried several times to train her and used various bribes to encourage her to use the potty. I am ashamed to admit it, but I even spanked her a few times for not co-operating. Nothing I tried worked. I would get discouraged and stop trying---only to try again later. This went on for several months. Finally, she decided that she was ready to go along with my plan and was totally trained in two weeks! Looking back, I don't think I trained her at all, I think she just made up her mind and trained herself.


Now the tables have turned and it's Brandy's time of frustration as she tries to get her daughter, Madison potty trained. Brandy is having the same experience with Madison that I had with her. There have been several attempts to potty train Madison with no success. She just doesn't want to participate in this game! She has absolutely no interest! She is now 2 years and 7 months old.


Yesterday Madison was visiting at my house for a while. She had been outside in her bathing suit and as I was taking the bathing suit bottoms off I found a tiny bit of poop in them. Madison then said to me "That's gross! Pew-e-e-e, that stinks!" I answered back to Madison, "If you are big enought to tell me that, then you are big enough to be potty trained!" I don't think she agrees with me just yet!

No comments: