Monday, August 3, 2009

Not My Child, Monday...

I am writing posts on my blogs concerning school this week in honor of the beginning of a new school year in our town. These are just a few things that my children didn't do during their school years...
My oldest child did not complain frequently, and call me to come get her from school quite often. She didn't hurt her arm at school one day, call me to come, and then seem fine whenever I picked her up from school. I didn't head toward the emergency room, only to turn around and go home since said child seemed to be feeling so good. Said child's arm was swollen and blue the next day, sending us to the hospital after all, only to find her arm was indeed broken! No, I didn't feel just terrible...
Middle child didn't fail the standard "gifted" test in grade one, only to make perfect scores on CRT and ITBS tests--which qualified him for the gifted program in grade 2. Middle child did not ask to be removed from the gifted class in later years because it "cut in on his recess time" and he didn't like the extra work...
Youngest child and honor graduate, did not refuse to do a required project for Black History month during his junior year, which resulted in him having to repeat the whole class the following year--and ultimately doing the project anyway...
Those are just a few of the "not my child" moments that I've experienced. How about you?

No comments: