Thursday, January 14, 2010

Out of the House...part 2


When I left off, Brandy and I were leading Madison toward the bathroom in the mall-- after she made "the face". We also noticed that she had developed a rather "odd" walk.




Upon arriving in the bathroom stall, I heard Brandy gasp and say "Oh no!" as she made the discovery that Madison had apparently had an attack of diarrhea! It was everywhere. Luckily we were prepared with wipes in our purses, but no change of clothes for Madison. I volunteered to run down to J C Penney's to buy some clean underwear.




As I left the bathroom, I noticed a little old lady going into the stall next to Brandy's. As I closed the door behind me, I heard an "explosion of sorts" coming from inside of that stall. Oh dear, I thought!




I hurried as quickly as I could to get the underwear, but you know how it is when you are in a hurry. I had trouble finding them, then once I got to the checkout, I ended up behind a lady who was having problems with prices...Just my luck!




I arrived back at the bathroom to find Madison standing there naked from the waist down, and Brandy in distress! Brandy hates public restrooms and she has a bit of germ phobia. She'd just spent about 10 to 15 minutes inside of one--listening to the little old lady "blow up" the stall next door, while cleaning up Madison's messy bottom, and trying to keep Madison from touching anything in the bathroom. Brandy exited from her stall to wash her hands--only to discover that the little old lady had gotten "poop" all over the soap dispenser when she washed her hands! I probably don't need to add that the air in that bathroom was not very fresh-smelling either!




We quickly put the new, clean underwear on Madison and slipped out the side door of the mall with Madison in tow--wearing only her top, underwear, and shoes and socks. It was a sight to behold I am sure--especially in 40 degree weather! I quickly snapped the above photograph while waiting for Brandy to put her packages in the trunk!




We loaded up Madison in the van and headed back to the warmth of our homes. Brandy made one quick stop at the grocery store while I sat in the van with my half-naked granddaughter. Once we arrived home, I fell on the couch and didn't move for quite sometime! Some outing that turned out to be--but it's the stuff that blogs are made of!!!





No comments: