Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Absence Is Making My Heart Grow Fonder...

This week, I'm missing my little Madison. This picture was made back in the summer while she was playing outside with her "baby". We could use a few of those warm, sunny days about now...
I'm missing my little Caden, too. Now that he's walking and exploring everything, he keeps us all on our toes! He told us "bye bye" for the first time on Friday night. Usually he waves and blows a kiss, but on Friday he actually said the words. I haven't seen either grandchild in several days because...

About 4:30 Sunday morning, the unthinkable happened to me...I was hit with a mega case of the stomach flu! Thankfully, it had been several years since this dreaded illness had invaded my body, but my luck ran out!


When it comes to the stomach flu/virus, there are always different levels of symptoms and their severity. One a scale of one to ten, this one was a definite TEN! Just when I'd say to myself, I can't throw up any more...I'd do it again. It was so bad, I was planning a trip to the ER, when the symptoms began to subside.


So, here I am...staying home re cooperating--and nobody wants to come within a mile of me! Of course, I don't blame them one bit either! I'm so weak that it's like a marathon to make it down the hall and back. My chest is so sore--it kills me to laugh! Maybe in a couple more days everyone will feel safe again--unless my hubby comes down with it! Let's hope he's spared since he took such good care of me when I was so sick.


In the meantime, I'm talking with Madison on the telephone every day. She told me yesterday "I hope you feel better." Today she told me "Mama's going to put on a movie for me!" That's my Madison--she's always in the moment-- and she loves her dvd's!


Fortunately, I had a nice four hour long visit with Cade on Friday evening before I became ill. I can't help but wonder what new word he will have learned when I see him again. At his age, he changes rapidly.

So this week moves forward while I'm in isolation! Let's just say I'll be very fond of everyone by the end of the week!





1 comment:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh goodness! I hope you are feeling better and better every minute!So that you can see your cuties :o)

Blessings & Aloha

(Oh, we live in southeast Georgia too :o) If you stop by my blog, I'd love to hear from you any time :o)