Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Twenty Years Ago...What Was Popular?

Today's blog hop theme is "Where were you, and what were you doing twenty years ago?" Since I've already written about that on my other blog, I decided to give the theme a little different twist and do some research.

I discovered that the following movies were among the most popular ones of 1990. Pretty Woman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Cadillac Man, Bird on a Wire, Die Hard 2, and Dances With Wolves. I remember The Teenage Mutant Turtles quite well, since I was the mother of two young boys at that time, and Pretty Woman has been a favorite movie of mine for years.

I didn't have much time for reading books or novels back then, and I didn't recognize a single title on the list. Some of the books listed were The Plains of Passage, Four Past Midnight, and The Burden of Proof. I am proud to say that beginning in 1991, I've read at least one novel listed on the subsequent lists.

Among the popular music of 1990 was Another Day in Paradise by Phil Collins, Step By Step by New Kids on the Block, Vision of Love by Mariah Carey, and It Must've Been Love by Roxette. I still listened to some pop music back then, and actually remember liking those songs. In 1994, I became a country music fan when my children informed me that "country was cool". Imagine that!

The last topic that I researched was television. I discovered that Mr. Bean came out in 1990. My children loved that show, and so did I! America's Funniest Home Videos also became popular that year. It was also the era of In Living Color, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and Beverly Hills 90210. Times were changing... I'm glad that America's Funniest Home Videos still comes on. It's one of the few shows on television that is suitable for family viewing these days!


MckLinky Blog Hop

1 comment:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

A great list of "memorable" finds of 1990! We love America's funniest Home Videos too! ( I love just listening to my hubby and kids laughing when they watch that show!)

Blessings & Aloha!